Witcher Mafia: END (awards??)

For all your forum games, competitions and quizzes.
Kaeetayel
NNID: Kaeetayel
3DS Friend Code: 3609-1396-4416
Steam ID: kaeetayel

Re: Witcher Mafia: Day 1

Post by Kaeetayel » Mon Jan 18, 2016 10:30 pm

Met wrote:Also Kaee is very cute.
owo

Edd
3DS Friend Code: 2380-3173-1972
PSN ID: Eddc15
Steam ID: Eddc15

Post by Edd » Mon Jan 18, 2016 10:32 pm

Let's lynch Met next.
Mr.EE ~ Edd is the best! Edd is super hot!
arceus469 ~ Edd is just a lonely little internet bully with no friends.

komodo joe

Post by komodo joe » Mon Jan 18, 2016 10:34 pm

Corin wrote:my image has a black background lol

get gooseberry fool.....
yeah but that's just the shadow surrounding Darkwing Duck
pound shop bill sorenson. | LOOK CLOSER LENNY

MintChocChip
NNID: TSF
PSN ID: 4
Xbox Gamertag: LYF
Steam ID: thelethalgenius

Post by MintChocChip » Mon Jan 18, 2016 10:41 pm

Kaeetayel wrote:I note, for instance, that Garf's picture has a black background whereas mine is transparent. If everyone elses' picture is transparent, then that would mean that Garf's PM was intended to be different.
My picture has a black background.

Knowing Kaee, he's stupid enough to just out himself as the other mason straight away, so I'm all for believing him. The inconsistency is his role pm could simple be an oversight from the host, and other people could have similar roles that change the style in which they are wrote.
fluffyKittan - He's used to sitting in teamspeak with us where people don't cry when somebody tells you to go drink some H2SO4 for being bad at what you're doing
regg - I entirely surrender to your superior wit.

Nofes
NNID: noffles
3DS Friend Code: 2320 6164 3159
PSN ID: Inofa
Xbox Gamertag: Inofa
Steam ID: Inofa

Post by Nofes » Mon Jan 18, 2016 11:03 pm

Kaeetayel wrote:Okay, I guess I'm clutching at straws here.

Assume that my role, for whatever dumb reason, was intended to be different to everyone else's. Then, it would be safe to assume that Garf's role was intended to be different to everyone else's. Thus, there is likely a discrepancy between Garf's PM and everyone elses'.

I note, for instance, that Garf's picture has a black background whereas mine is transparent. If everyone elses' picture is transparent, then that would mean that Garf's PM was intended to be different.

I dunno what I'm doing now. Welp.
It's literally just ripped from the wiki pages. You've literally just dug the hole deeper.
Bucket

Scapegoat
PSN ID: UploadedNetwork

Post by Scapegoat » Mon Jan 18, 2016 11:08 pm

Would someone like Spils (who is a big witcher fan) require the wiki for his role pm's? I'm sure a witcher fan wouldn't need the wiki in order to write bios for the roles, although, he could have used the wiki for speed, not sure how long he's been planning this game but it's certainly a valid point you've made Nofes and something to consider. For now I'm going to hold off on my lynch, but perhaps the best way we can determine for certain would be to find out if everyone elses roles were ripped from the wiki. If not, then I'd say we've found our man.

I'll check my role pm in a second, we have still got a full day to come to decision so I'd rather not rush a majority just yet.

EDIT: My role PM is NOT ripped from the wiki, however, my image IS. Make of this what you will, we'll need more than just me to make a case here.

Nofes

Post by Nofes » Mon Jan 18, 2016 11:18 pm

We're only talking about images, which is a basis that Kaee is using to defend himself.

Either way, I'm pretty solid on my lynch right now.
Bucket

fluffyKittan
NNID: How wanders the dog
3DS Friend Code: In search of
PSN ID: timely relief
Xbox Gamertag: Trapped:
Steam ID: the boy laments

Post by fluffyKittan » Mon Jan 18, 2016 11:34 pm

People jumped on the first comment, no surprise there, but seriously if he's lying can the real mason call him out on it, carry the lynch on.

If he's mafia/wolf we get rid of a threat and we get a leader as the mason is cleared. If not and he is the mason we have a suspect. If nobody claims there's no reason outside of activity to lynch him based on a claim that early (Kaee is honestly gooseberry fool gormless sometimes when I've watched him, he's like the Ringo Starr of mafia).

There is also the chance Kaee has a power role and is trying to guise it with mason in fear of mafia finding out (which is equally as dumb but not beyond him imo), in which case you done goofed kaee own up please.

If we don't get anything by deadline I guess all we can do is look for suspects if he flips mason, great job Kaee >.>

TL;DR If the real mason Isn't Kaee pls come out and claim there is literally no reason not to now.
TSF sQuad life ~ pour one out for Sangmin
"People who work at Nisa:'Look, I have a job'." [Decretum, B&M employee circa May 2016]

Met
NNID: Metballs
3DS Friend Code: 031879326955
PSN ID: MetONM
Xbox Gamertag: Metballs
Steam ID: metonm

Post by Met » Mon Jan 18, 2016 11:58 pm

There's no point in the real mason calling him out right now if he's lying. It will just draw unwanted attention and won't really change anything since a bandwagon's already rolling.

Sure it would be great to have a confirmed townie this early we can crowd around but a confirmed townie has no worth to the mafia and becones a prime target.

So either Kaee is mason and we already heard from him or he's not and we won't.

Unless he wants to help bind the town together which would be cool.
<Kaee> I think Met would give better sex than Hoyle
cruizer wrote:I didn't start writing this with the intention of speaking about veganism; but the link between animal explotiation and oppressed human groups is so obvious

euan707
NNID: Cameron
3DS Friend Code: 4339-2551-9050

Post by euan707 » Tue Jan 19, 2016 12:09 am

Nothing stopping a mafia claiming other mason now. If Kaee is also mafia, it wouldn't be too bad an idea actually.

On which note I'd like to state that I'm cop and dix is totally village
Last Man Standing
What Did We Play? - WiiU

fluffyKittan

Post by fluffyKittan » Tue Jan 19, 2016 12:19 am

Met wrote:It will just draw unwanted attention
How is it unwanted the other mason is dead the role is expended we should try to get some use out of it rather than just let the potential one die (granted out of his own boundless stupidity). As long as the time is used correctly to band people together, there's 19 hours left before deadline.

I'm not going to lie, the evidence is perfectly fine to base a first lynch off of, the third person bit is completely bizarre and makes the whole thing read badly (mine is 2nd person as well, though if it's correct it's an unfortunate oversight on LG's part but hey these things happen in your first game). I just feel since no one is pointing fingers at anybody else we can maybe use this time to deliberate a bit.

If nothing transpires over the next 19 hours however then Kaee deserves to be lynched for his dumb post regardless.

EDIT: BTW the pm isn't pulled from the wikia page, but the info would be well known for someone who has played the game as it checks out on quest guides etc on the net.
Last edited by fluffyKittan on Tue Jan 19, 2016 12:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
"People who work at Nisa:'Look, I have a job'." [Decretum, B&M employee circa May 2016]

Met

Post by Met » Tue Jan 19, 2016 12:25 am

I'm just saying if someone isn't an openly confirmed townie they can just fade into obscurity and work behind the scenes without a giant mafia target on them. If you have someone front and centre on nothing more than a claim to hope people follow then there's no guarantee the bodyguard or doctor won't just ignore it.

I also love how you're suggesting Masonbro to come out into the open while simultaneously chiding Kaee for claiming Masonbro and coming out into the open.
cruizer wrote:I didn't start writing this with the intention of speaking about veganism; but the link between animal explotiation and oppressed human groups is so obvious

fluffyKittan

Post by fluffyKittan » Tue Jan 19, 2016 12:30 am

I wouldn't be suggesting it met if Kaee hadn't already created this situation. There's a difference to coming out the way Kaee did from the off and the claiming to set things straight. I agree with you though I don't think we lose anything if no one posts, pushing for the claim is a risk/reward we don't need to make I guess I'm just that sort of player.

Aren142
Steam ID: Aren142

Post by Aren142 » Tue Jan 19, 2016 12:32 am

I am the other Mason.
<Kaeetayel> Go for a team entirely composed of Eeveelutions
<Princess> that's effort
<Princess> I need to buy the stones/go to rocks/make them happy/touch Eevee
<Kaeetayel> The last one doesn't sound too bad

MintChocChip

Post by MintChocChip » Tue Jan 19, 2016 12:32 am

By asking the other mason to claim, we have 5 outcomes.

1. No-one claims and Kaee is mason.
2. The mason claims and Kaee is a village role.
3. The mason claims and Kaee is mafia/wolf.
4. A mafia claims and Kaee is mason.
5. A mafia claims and Kaee is mafia/wolf.

Now only 2 of these outcomes have a negative outcome for the village, as the other 3 all end with either a mafia being lynched (Kaee), or a mafia revealing themselves by claiming. Whilst the mason sitting quiet and letting Kaee get lynched off kills a mafia/wolf, we miss out on having a likely confirmed villager. If the mafia want to take them out, that's fine - we go another phase without having a powerful role lost. If they don't take them out, we have a village leader, which is obviously very good.

Kaee's claimed PM has had things pointed out about it to suggest that it isn't legitimate, that's why people are asking for 'the true mason' to come out. If everyone turns up and no-one claims, it's clear Kaee is the mason. Sure, this way allows the mafia to get us to lynch off a villager by counter claiming, but if that's their plan, we're already on our way to lynching him off.

TL;DR There is no downside to asking for a counter claim.
fluffyKittan - He's used to sitting in teamspeak with us where people don't cry when somebody tells you to go drink some H2SO4 for being bad at what you're doing

Scapegoat

Post by Scapegoat » Tue Jan 19, 2016 1:11 am

but because we've now gone into depth on the pros and cons, it's more likely that a mafia will claim mason for another mafia.

basically, we gain and lose nothing by asking for this claim. Meaning that it's now pointless to ask for the claim. Even if the "true mason" now came out and claimed, if Kaee ended up being scum, then we'd all be pointing fingers at this new mason claimant as being a mafia trying to cover by getting us to lynch Kaee.

essentially, we have nothing to lose and nothing to gain. We don't have another lynch option but things could change in the morning. For now, I will still be holding off on my lynch until further evidence is obtained. There is no point in rushing this along to the next night phase by reaching a majority unless we're 100% certain that Kaee is scum.

Nofes

Post by Nofes » Tue Jan 19, 2016 7:00 pm

What an interesting round.
Bucket

Spilskinanka
Steam ID: Spilskinanka

Re: Witcher Mafia: Night 1

Post by Spilskinanka » Tue Jan 19, 2016 7:34 pm

The crowd turned on Cerys' brother. "It wasn't me!" he bellowed. "Silence, fool!" shouted the crowd. "His papers are wrong!". Hjalmar was mobbed in a fit of hysteria.

Spilskinanka wrote:Dear Kaeetayel

You are Hjalmar an Craite, claimant to the throne of Skellige and friend of Geralt. A man obsessed with acts of valour and strength, he seeks to become king of the Skellige Isles and cement his name in history by proving his courage. He has a fierce rivalry with his sister Cerys, but they trust each other completely.

You are one of the two Masons, the other being Cerys an Craite, Garf.

You are allied with the Village and win when all other threats are neutralised.

TIFU

Night 1 begins now. Go wild.

DEADLINE 7:30
Last edited by Spilskinanka on Tue Jan 19, 2016 7:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WeAreHarbinger: who cates aobut jnvidoe ngmajesj

andymck

Post by andymck » Tue Jan 19, 2016 7:36 pm

Whoops. Sorry Kaee.

Pepsi Supreme
FKA Corin
Xbox Gamertag: Knight Corin
Steam ID: Corin

Post by Pepsi Supreme » Tue Jan 19, 2016 7:36 pm

Nofes

Post by Nofes » Tue Jan 19, 2016 7:38 pm

I cannot believe a writing error from the host ended up getting us to kill an innocent.
Bucket

Met

Post by Met » Tue Jan 19, 2016 7:48 pm

Niiiiice...

MintChocChip

Post by MintChocChip » Tue Jan 19, 2016 7:51 pm

I can't believe people lynched on a writing error when there was no counter claim.

Scapegoat

Post by Scapegoat » Tue Jan 19, 2016 7:53 pm

MintChocChip wrote:I can't believe people lynched on a writing error when there was no counter claim.
welcome to sonm

Kaeetayel
NNID: Kaeetayel
3DS Friend Code: 3609-1396-4416
Steam ID: kaeetayel

Post by Kaeetayel » Tue Jan 19, 2016 8:01 pm

Well um

Rip, I guess